Punjab Academy of Sciences
The Punjab Academy of Sciences (PAS) came into being at the time of holding of 83rd session of the Indian Science Congress at Punjabi University, Patiala in 1996. Since then, the academy has arranged twenty one Annual Congress sessions. At present this registered body has one thousand & five hundred life members. The academy has conferred its honorary fellowship on one hundred distinguished scientists from India and abroad, all of whom have significantly contributed towards bringing the innovation in Science and Technology. Since 2002, the Academy is holding "Children Science Congress" for the students of 10+2 classes in Punjab. The academy is also bringing out an AnnualJournal of Research namely "Journal of Punjab Academy of Sciences".
The main aims of the academy are as follows:
- To promote the cause of science in Punjab, with respect to its basic and applied aspects
- To encourage original research in general and with reference to Punjab in particular.
- To create scientific temper and awareness among the masses.
- To develop interaction among the scientists to promote interdisciplinary research
- To workout strategies for sustainable use of our natural resources and to spread awareness on various environmental issues.